Considerations for Selecting a Search Firm
The Brownestone Group values honesty and integrity, and we therefore encourage all business leaders to ask the following questions while interviewing consultancies for their next executive search:
- Who will be executing the search assignment? What qualifies them to understand your specific needs, identify appropriate candidates, and recruit them on your behalf?
- What are the search firm’s client companies, and how does that impact their off-limits? Many ideal brands and companies on your list may not be able to be pursued depending on that firm’s obligations.
- Are the mission and values of the search firm in alignment with your company’s?
- What is the search process? Is it customized to your needs or a standard process? How is it relevant to your industry and the position at hand?
- Does the search team have a true appreciation for, knowledge and understanding of what the specific requirements are for the search assignment at hand?